We are proud to announce that 23 community organizations and those in need received 26 grants on behalf of the Berkeley Heights 5K (patron sponsors, generous donors, runners, walkers & volunteers) in 2023. They are listed below:
- Governor Livingston HS (GLHS) Alumni Association - providing resources for high school extracurricular activities.
- Berkeley Heights Education Foundation grant - Platinum sponsor for the dreamer program, helping to place a telescope at the BH Public Library for astronomy programs where local children look and reach for the stars and in support of the Facility vs community basketball fundraiser.
- BH Township Irish Heritage Day grant - Irish step dancers and bag piper.
- Girls on the Run NJ East - helping young local girls to become stronger, more confident seekers of limitless potential through school-based road running programs.
- BHB&C Downtown Summer “Block Party” grant - bringing the community together where everyone is invited and welcome to enjoy their hometown.
- Veterans Memorial Park Renewal grant - seasonal park maintenance and custom holiday tree lights for all to enjoy in beautiful downtown BH as a beacon to freedom.
- Highlander Booster Club Varsity Baseball - field upgrade grant.
- VFW post 6259 Berkeley Heights grant - provides resources for local vets, aids those at Lyons VA Hospital and replacing landscaping for Memorial Day and repair of a broken window.
- Township of BH Girl Scout Gold Star project grant - pupgrade to BH community garden at Littell-Lord Homestead with creation of a children’s garden section with ADA access.
- Smith Chiropractic Foundation Community Leadership Scholarship – awarded to a GLHS graduating senior who has excelled in giving back to the local community through volunteerism.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Feast grant – helping to preserve this community tradition for all to enjoy.
- BHPD community policing grant - helping to increase the positive communication between our PD and residents and making this unique summer program more affordable.
- Highlander Booster Club SAFR Pro Cap grant - helped purchase unique protective helmet covers for all GLHS football players to reduce concussive forces by 77%.
- Kimberly Anne Wilson foundation grant - in support of local youth mental health programs.
- BHB&C Breakfast meeting grant - helping to bring local Business & Civic leaders together.
- BHFD Volunteer Fire company #1 - much needed new equipment grant for our volunteer fire fighters.
- BH Rescue Squad - general operating grant for our volunteer first responders.
- GL/NP Highlander Hockey senior night grant – spirit towels for a great community event.
- Littell-Lord Farmstand Trust grant - in support of Fall Family Fun Day providing funds to preserve this national treasure for all to enjoy and learn from.
- BH PAL Wolfpack cross country & track grant funding for custom event tent.
- Moms Helping Moms grant - for much needed baby supplies for local families.
- GLHS Lady Highlanders - basketball warm up jersey project grant.
- The Wounded Warrior Project – grassroots organization providing aid to injured servicemen and women since 9/11/01.
Home | Our Events | Register | Sponsorship | Charities | Results | Course Info | Directions | Album | Your Health
© Berkeley Heights 5K. All Rights Reserved.
Website courtesy of Avelient, Inc.